APPLICATIONS FOR 2024 Are Open!
The FestivalSouth Youth Ambassador Program is designed to spark passion, knowledge, and skills in cultural activities for high school youth in the Pine Belt Region. It provides hands-on educational experiences that develop an appreciation for the arts through volunteerism. The Ambassadors directly influence the social and economic impact of FestivalSouth on our community and plant seeds for a vibrant cultural presence in the future.
- Serve as ambassadors of FestivalSouth, showcasing youth involvement in local cultural events.
- Lead initiatives to promote FestivalSouth and the arts among teenagers.
- Assist in the orchestration of FestivalSouth events.
- Serve as initial points of contact for patrons at FestivalSouth events.
- Discover ways to promote the arts and events.
- Meet others making a difference in the community through the arts.
- Learn how to create and implement arts events for children and teenagers.
- Gain knowledge about fundraising and working within a budget.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Get behind-the-scenes knowledge of cultural events.
- Have fun!
- Ambassadors will receive a special t-shirt for events.
- Mandatory orientation and planning meetings in April and May.
- A minimum of 10 hours of volunteer service at FestivalSouth events.
- Recognition with a certificate of participation and a record of volunteer hours.
- Open to students in grades 9-12 for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Availability to volunteer for a minimum of 10 hours during FestivalSouth (May 28 – June 22, 2024).
- A keen interest in arts events with an emphasis on children’s programming.
- Reliable transportation for events and meetings.
- Parental or guardian support for participation.