The FestivalSouth Youth Ambassador Program is designed to spark passion, knowledge, and skills in cultural activities for high school youth in the Pine Belt Region. It provides hands-on educational experiences that develop an appreciation for the arts through volunteerism. The Ambassadors directly influence the social and economic impact of FestivalSouth on our community and plant seeds for a vibrant cultural presence in the future.
- Serve as an ambassador of FestivalSouth, representing youth in the local cultural community.
- Lead efforts to promote FestivalSouth and the arts to fellow teenagers.
- Create FestivalSouth events for children and teens.
- Plan fundraising projects for the program.
- Discover ways to promote the arts and events.
- Meet others making a difference in the community through the arts.
- Learn how to create and implement arts events for children and teenagers.
- Gain knowledge about fundraising and working within a budget.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Get behind-the-scenes knowledge of cultural events.
- Have fun!
- Ambassadors will wear the provided t-shirt when serving at events.
- Ambassadors must attend orientation in March and planning meetings in April and May, where they will have the opportunity to learn about FestivalSouth and assist in planning and creating events for children and teenagers.
- Ambassadors will plan and implement fundraising activities for the program.
- Ambassadors will volunteer for at least 10 hours of service with FestivalSouth events based on their interests and availability.
- Ambassadors will receive a certificate of participation and a record of their volunteer hours at the post-FestivalSouth ambassador meeting.
- Be in the 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade (2016-2017 school year)
- Be available to volunteer at least 10 hours during FestivalSouth (June 1-June 17, 2017).
- Have an interest in helping with children’s arts event.
- Have transportation to and from assigned events and meetings.
- Have the support of your parent or guardian to participate in this program.
Complete application online at FestivalSouth.org by Friday, March 3, 2017. There is no application or program fee. Ambassadors will be selected by a committee based on information provided in the application. All applicants will be notified of results by Friday, March 10.
FestivalSouth Youth Programs Coordinator, Jennifer Clark Jennifer@EmergeEvents.com, 601.270.2756